With a highly experienced and dedicated team based at Ballinkill, weekly auctions are held in two rings every Saturday (information below). We have built an excellent reputation and rapport with farmers alike throughout the greater Leinster area who return to us time and time again to buy and sell their livestock. We are delighted and proud to report that at Ballinakill’s weekly sale, we have leading European Exporters and Northern Ireland buyers in attendance.
Our Mart is conveniently located on the edge of Ballinakill Village, 6 km from Abbeyleix and 16 km the M7 Motorway Interchange at Portlaoise and all are welcome.
Ring 1: Cows, Heifers and Wealings. Sale starts at 10.30am
Ring 2: Beef, Store Bullocks. Sale starts at 11.00am
All cattle presented for sale at Ballinakill Mart require 2 tags and a valid passport signed by the current owner/keeper.
The Following Test Requirements apply:
Tuberculosis Testing (TB)
All cattle 6 weeks and over including calves have to be within 12 months of TB test. The animal's passport will need to have the date of test, herd number stamped on it and the signature of the veterinary surgeon showing when the animal was tested and by whom.
All female stock 18 months and over have to be within 60 days of brucellosis test.
Bulls over 2 years of age have to have brucellosis test when sold and again it is valid for 60 days.
Conditions of Sale:
Our Auctions are covered by our Conditions of Sale which can be downloaded here:
10.45 am - Weanling Bulls followed by Beef & Store Bullocks.
10.45 am - Weanling Heifers followed by Cows and Beef & Store Heifers.
1. Sale Rings will be closed.
2. All sales will be online.
3. All Buyers will have to register with ‘Mart Eye’ in order to bid for cattle.
4. Sellers will drop the cattle at the mart and leave. The cattle will be sold ‘subject’ and the seller will be contacted by the mart regarding the prices.
5. Buyers will be able to view the cattle between 10 am and 10.45 am every Saturday and from 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm for Weanling sales on a Thursday.
6. The Head office is closed. For cattle entries and queries, please ring the following numbers:
Ballinakill Livestock Mart would be delighted to answer any queries you may have.
Please contact us on:
Tel: 05787 33337
Fax: 05787 33582